BPI’s AgencyFinder, founded in 1997, is the advertising industry’s only true match-making service. Often compared to e-Harmony.com and Match.com, BPI’s AgencyFinder facilitates industry-wide client searches for advertising, public relations or marketing firms on a regional, national and international basis. Marketing is conducted from our headquarters in Glen Allen, VA. Anticipated 2012 US activity coupled with UK and European markets prompts this search.
Job Description: Challenging and unique position for industry veteran. You’ll identify and develop ad agencies, pr firms and other marketing companies throughout North America as prospects. You’ll introduce AgencyFinder as the unique but professional pro-active business development tool that it is; you’ll consult with prospects to compare and contrast our service as an appropriate addition to their new business arsenal; and you’ll help them decide to register and make payment. You’ll work with our Chairman to produce and co-ordinate outreach agency campaigns; you may also be called upon to consult to our UK & European agencies.
You’ll enjoy a professional but casual working environment, non-revocable draw plus commission compensation package, and unlimited business development opportunities. Experience and age often go hand-in-hand, so we’re also “senior-friendly.” To apply, send resume w/cover letter to Charles Meyst, AgencyFinder.com, 4327 Cox Road, Vantage Place, Glen Allen, VA 23060 or No phone calls please.
Your success will be based on:
- 8 – 10 years of proven business development (sales) or account management success in ad industry, pr industry and/or a client-side marketing positions.
- Positive track-record in solution sales, specifically of consulting services.
- Capable of identifying, penetrating and closing targeted prospects.
- As the primary business development contact, capable of conducting consulting discussions with agency senior management as well as those in business development positions.
- Demonstrated success in executive account management; a mature self-starter with the ability to work and function independently.
- College degree preferred – Business and/or marketing concentration; post-graduate degrees a plus.
- Pro-active, assuring, articulate telephone vocabulary and demeanor.
- Considerable knowledge of the advertising industry, specifically of ad agencies, pr firms and similar-type marketing firms.
- Clear, concise written communication skills; adept in today’s e-mail procedures and protocols. Capable of authoring logical and compelling proposals.
- Demonstrated PC expertise in Internet environment and Internet navigation; MS Office including Outlook, Outlook Express, Word, Excel, Power Point; experience in ACT contact management software considered a plus.
- Familiarity with formal “personality profiling” techniques (i.e. Myers Briggs)