Maybe my load’s not that heavy, but circumstances have brought me to a place and time where it’s appropriate to start looking to hire a new marketing partner. Take a moment to guide me and others faced with the same challenge; comment to identify your favored options. Additional comments welcome.
- Hire a conventional “big bucks” agency search consultant (if affordable)
- Reach back to those in my “Other Agencies” folder that have already approached me
- Conduct a Google or Bing search for agency candidates – a true Do It Myself project
- Use an on-line agency search “service” or directory to find qualified candidates
- Ask colleagues for suggestions and referrals
- Ask my media buddies for suggestions
- Other …
P.S. – It’s known as agency search and it’s degrees harder than hiring a new CMO.